A FORMER boarding school house master accused of sexually assaulting a student at Dubbo almost 30 years ago is expected to be arraigned in district court in coming months.
The 58-year-old, formerly employed by All Saints’ College at Bathurst, cannot be named for legal reasons.
A medical certificate was tendered to Dubbo Local Court by a legal representative when the accused man failed to appear before Magistrate Andrew Eckhold on Wednesday.
Charges of homosexual intercourse and attempted homosexual intercourse with a male under 18 were withdrawn by the Department of Public Prosecutions.
The prosecution said it would be proceeding with three charges of sexual assault commit act on indecency on a person aged under 16 years and two charges of sexual assault knowing no consent was given.
All charges were adjourned to Wentworth Local Court on September 4 for the purpose of a committal.
The prosecution said the man would be arraigned at Dubbo District Court on a date to be fixed. Bail was continued.
The alleged sexual assault victim approached police in February last year.
The former student, now living in the metropolitan area, made further statements to police in April 2011 and January 2012. The accused man was arrested at Wentworth on January 12.
According to prosecution facts tendered to the court, the accused accompanied a group of students to Dubbo for a sporting event in the early 1980s.
The former student, then aged 14, told police he was asleep in bed at a Dubbo caravan park when he was woken by a sexual act allegedly taking place.
The prosecution alleges the student was petrified and pretended to be asleep as more alleged sexual acts were perpetrated.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.